Roasted Rome and Feta Salad Recipe
- 4 firm Michigan Rome apples, peeled and cut into sixths
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 4 Tbsp. green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss apples with brown sugar. Spread in a single layer on prepared sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes until apples begin to brown but are still firm enough to pick up with a fork. Remove and cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss greens and green onions together. Chill for 30 minutes. Shake dressing ingredients together in a small jar. Set aside. Just before serving, drizzle salad with dressing. Toss. Divide into four salad bowls. Divide bacon and cheese onto each. Arrange 6 apple slices on each. Serve immediately.